Monday, June 11, 2012

Why I don't like mirrors.

Quite some time ago, a friend and I were in Walmart.
We were walking along, looking for candles. He walked down one aisle and I stopped in my tracks.
The aisle was filled with mirrors.
Big mirrors, little mirrors, mirrors of all shapes and sizes. 
I've never been a fan of mirrors.
Reflective surfaces in general.
Mostly in public, but even in private I don't like looking into them.
I rarely look in the mirror, straight in the eye.
And never, never naked.
Not because I don't like how I look.
I can not stress this enough, I do not give a shit what you think of my appearance.
Hell, even I only mildly care about my appearance.
So why should you care? Get to know me instead.
There is something about mirrors that just sucks all of my confidence away.
I don't like them. I just don't.


I was out with a friend the other day, in a comic book store.
I thought I looked all right. I surely felt all right.
Then I caught my reflection in the mirror.
For some reason, my mood plummeted. 
I don't think he noticed, but I surely felt it.
I don't really know why it happens.
But it does.
And I don't like mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment