Monday, March 19, 2012

I gave a woman a dollar.

Puff levels are high.
But in a good way.

Quick background information:
I am sick of everything. Everything sucks. Blah blah blah stupid girl stuff.
I freaked out at someone. But it was totally, totally worth it. Seriously.
But more on that next time. Because you deserve it. Take it as you wish. You wanted me to change (which isn't cool), so maybe you can take the next one  as advice on how not to be a total d-bag to someone who you 'like' or whatever.

ANYWAY.
Back to my story.
So Sunday, day after Saint Patrick's Day.
I was going to go to a little thrift store downtown with my sister.
We're getting ready and I asked her to pick her project up off the floor.
She went balistic, freaking out, giving attitude, whatever.
So she didn't end up going with me.
It ended up being closed on Sundays.
So I'm walking back and I notice this woman. I notice people when walking and generally think about them and wonder whate their lives are like, whatnot.
I'm standing on a corner, waiting for the light to change when she catches my eye.
She passes by and asks if i have a dollar to spare.
Without even hesitating, without thinking about it, I pull out my wallet and hand her a dollar.
She thanks me and goes on her way.
Then I get to thinking.
Why did I do it?
Was it the right thing to do? Yes, I believe so.
Did I have a dollar to spare? Yeah, kind of. I was only going to get hair dye, but that could wait.
But people have asked me for money before, friends and people on the street, but rarely do I do it.
Why this time?
Maybe I had so many things running through my head and I needed a nice moment.
Why this woman?
Maybe... I don't know. Something just made me do it.
I didn't think about it.
I don't consider myself a selfish person. I rarely ask for anything, I cook dinner for the family every night, I'd rather help someone do their work than do my own first.
I don't know why i've been thinking about this so much.
Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment