Friday, July 6, 2012

34. 26. 38.

I've gained a little weight recently.
I try on things and I think 'this doesn't look good. Why can't I make this look good anymore?'
So I take my measurements and google them, thinking 'this might help!'
I got plus sized dresses.
Now, I don't see myself as a plus size girl. Because I'm not, really.
Plus size is 42-32-42. Roughly.
Runway models are 34-24-34. 
Catalog/commercial models are generally 36-26-36.
But what does this even mean?
Plus size models:
 
Runway models:

 
Catalog/Commercial models:
http://corporette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/122.png  

Now tell me, which one is most beautiful?
That is, how you say "A question wrongly put."
Who is to say 'This girl is prettier than that girl.'
What does that even mean?
Why does it matter?
Why am I worrying about it?
It's funny. 
I'm not worried about how I look. 
But why it makes my heart and head hurt.
I think of it this way. 
Say you have a cup.
No matter what you do, you can put whatever you want on the outside, make it as 'beautiful' as possible,
but if it is filled with poison, what does it matter?

Why do we put so much stock into our outsides, but we leave out our insides?

No comments:

Post a Comment