Monday, July 19, 2010

Let's talk about family.

So, family sucks.
But family can also be awesome? I guess.
But, mostly, they suck.

First: Cousin.
So, my cousin who is about two years old than I am have had this running compitition.
Quite frankly, we can't stand eachother and like to brag about our lives and see who has it better.
It was more vocal when we were younger, but now it's mostly silent mocking and evil glares between the two of us.
We do still talk about it from time to time, but mostly just glances, knowing who has won.
Well, in Vermont we were at our Aunt's 51st birthday party.
It was hosted at his mom's place.
He keeps bragging about his girlfriend. My girlfriend this, my girlfriend that, blah blah blah.
So, we all had high expectations of this girl.
She shows up, drop dead gorgeous.
Well, stereotypically pretty. You know, make-up, skinny, short shorts, long legs, blah blah blah.
We sit down and start to eat (she doesn't) on the porch. I guess that isn't necessary, but I like eating on porches.
Well, we get to talking, and eventually get to the oil spill.
"Oil spill? Since when?" Hm, about 80-or-so days?
Then, awkwardly, we got off of that topic.
Being in a rural area, a lot of animals are always about.
I saw five bunnies, six deer, two foxes, and a moose.
So, a fox walks into the yard, off to the side, just walking along, probably looking for a mouse or other foods.
She looks over and says "When did you get a dog?"
Alright, sure, whatever. Mistake a fox for a dog. Whatever, excusable.
But she gets up, grabs a dog treat, and walks over to it.
We all kind of... gasp. Seeing as she's walking up to a fox. Yeah, sure, 99% chance it'll run away QUICKLY. But hey, you never know. There is still one percent.
She was just so... dumb. Oh my goodness. I just didn't know what to say to this girl.
Let's say, for sake of argument, we have a inteligence scale.
Einstein at 10, Spencer at 5. Just for the sake of argument.
She would be negative ten.
Seriously.
Winner? Spencer.


Second: Sister.
So, my sister is, well, "pretty."
-Punctuation looks odd in Helvetica. But I like it.-
Anyway, my sister is pretty.
Yay.
I've kind of always been in her shadow.
I'm fine with that.
I've finally reached a point where I can accept myself.
Not necessarily be proud of who I am, but can say 'Hey, this is me. Take it or leave it.'
So, what does she do?
Comments completely on apperance only.
"What's up with your hair getting curly?"
"So, are we going to have to go get your eyebrows done again this summer?"

And that's just in the past five minutes.

Oh. We've had an update. No joke, live update.
When I said past five minutes, I wasn't kidding.
Quoting directly here, you can see Facebook.
"Hahahha okay chewy :)"
... Seriously?
I've had problems with my apperance for as long as I can remember.
Now she goes and pulls this shit?
Confidence shattered.
No, fine, whatever. I don't have the best body. I don't dress feminine.
I don't have the best face, or hair, or eyebrows.
Quite frankly, I could go on and on about all of the damn flaws I have.
And my sister would gladly point all of them out and how I could fix each and every one of them.

I have a lot more to say about this, but I'm sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment