Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thing get better before they get worse.

Let's talk music.

Currently I'm listening to Brett Dennen.
Specifically Comback Kid and Little Cosmic Girl.
'When it rains, it pours, but then it runs out.'
That is a beautiful line, in my opinion.

I've been trying my hand at some recipes.
I'm a vegitarian. I'm the only one in the apartment of three- dad, younger sister, and I.
Therefore, I'm outnumbered.
But I am the only one who cooks.
Yup. I cook meat.
I cook dinner for them and usually have a sandwich or pasta for myself.
I put all of my effort into their food, then I'm too tired and hungry to make anything half way decent for myself.
But that's okay. I like cooking and making people happy.
So sister says to me one day, that she wants pigs in a blanket.
Okay, I'll take a shot at it.
I've made them three times now and I think I have it right.
The first time I made them,  I took a hot dog, wrapped it in a whole piece of cheddar cheese and a cresent.
They oozed everywhere and it took hours to scub off the cookie sheet.
The hotdogs weren't cook completely either.
The next time I used punctured the hot dog in several places before wrapping them and used half of the cheese.
The verdict was not cheesy enough, but the hotdog cooked.
Last time I slit the dog in have, leaving a small bit attached at both ends.
I put the cheese in the middle.
They came out perfect!
I wouldn't know first hand.
It's hard to be a chef when you can't taste your own food.

I love me some cresents, though.

Sia.
OH MY.
She is so good!
I can't stop listening to We Are Born.
It's almost like an alternate universe Florence and the Machine.

I need to finish this column.

No comments:

Post a Comment